Thursday, March 1, 2018

traditionals

woodwoolstool woodwoolstool woodwoolstool woodwoolstool woodwoolstool woodwoolstool

A pair of 'good old' traditional woodwoolstools.

Custom made and in the meantime already packed and sent to the new owner, an artist who bought the stools for new gallery in a monumental building.
I've made the stool covers at her request in the traditional way. It's how I once started making stools, more than ten years ago and which explains the origin of the name woodwoolstool.

The woolen covers are completely made with yarn from Marrakech. The wooden stool legs are made of reclaimed wood, that's running out...

Nowadays I do many other things, and hardly make any stools, yet the name woodwoolstool feels so natural to me. I suppose it has become my middle name.

Some people even call me woodwoolstool when they recognize me, but don't know my name... and I do respond immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment